Simonstown, Cape Town
All year round
Max Depths: 12m – 35m
12°c - 18°C
Visibility: 5m – 15m
Open Water OR ABOVE
SIMONS TOWN, CAPE TOWN
ALL YEAR ROUND
MAX DEPTH: 12M – 35M
WATER TEMP: 12°C – 18°C
VISIBILITY: 5M – 15M
OPEN WATER OR ABOVE
The Cape waters are littered with thousands of shipwrecks, recent and ancient, on the shore and in deep water. Common wreck dives are the Maori, the Astor, the Katzu Maru, the Smitswinkel Bay wrecks (of which there are five) and the SAS Pietermaritzburg.
The commonly dived wrecks vary in depth and can range between 12m to 40m. We can take you to several wrecks and will pick them depending on your dive qualification.
Diving in and around Cape Town offers one a huge range of possibilities: from majestic kelp forests to cold-water coral gardens and deep reefs.
The Western Cape is the smallest complete floral kingdom in the world and this diversity is mirrored underwater with the unique positioning of the peninsula at the junction of two major ocean currents. False Bay has been recognised as a biodiversity hotspot due to the numbers of endemic animals living in these waters.
The shallower reefs are very colourful and are dominated by kelp forests with an understorey of delicate marine organisms. The deeper reefs host sea whips and fans, an abundance of reef fish, small sharks, octopuses, nudibranchs, crabs, sponges and cold water corals.
Many of our reefs allow you to do really good multi-level dives, with depths between 30m and 10m.
- Two guided dives
- Marine Protected Area permit for diving in protected waters.
- Full equipment rental
- Coffee / tea and lunch at Pisces Divers
- Water and chocolates on boat
- Transport to Pisces Divers (can be arranged)
- Meet at Pisces Divers at 0900
- Collect equipment, sign indemnities and load boat
- Briefing for first dive, while boat is launched
- Boat collects divers from the beach at 1000
- Proceed to first dive site and dive
- Exit water and surface interval
- Briefing for second dive site
- Proceed to second dive site
- Exit water and head back to the beach opposite the dive centre
- Return to dive centre 1400 for hot shower, coffee, lunch and debrief
WHAT TO BRING
- Dive Certification Card (Open Water or Advanced)
- Warm jacket
- Bathing suit / swimming costume
- Own dive equipment if preferred
WRECK & REEF PACKAGE
SINGLE DIVE OPTION
Really well run operation. In an era of social distancing concerns, I really appreciated the effort of the owner, manager and majority of staff members to wear masks consistently... read more
September 1, 2020
EXPERIENCE MORE DIVING WITH PISCES DIVERS
Cape Point Ocean Safari
See Cape Point from a different angle. Jump into the water with the Cape Fur Seals and have a blast with the clowns of the sea. The Cape Fur Seal activity is available all year and anybody is welcome to join in on this activity.
Health & Diving Library
Developed from decades of DAN research and experience, this comprehensive collection of free resource materials provides vital insights into topics critical to diver health and safety.