OVER 10 YEARS OF AGE
adequate swimming skills
good physical health
No prior SCUBA experience
takes 3 days TO COMPLETE
OVER 10 YEARS OF AGE
GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH
NO PRIOR DIVE EXPERIENCE
TAKES S DAYs TO COMPLETE
Diver certification begins here. PADI Open Water Diver course starts with PADI’s online eLearning theory training. Then we move to the pool to practice your new skills. Finally, you will experience five open water training dives.
The PADI Open water course is where it all begins, this is your foundation course that will qualify you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18 meters. Millions of people all around the world have learned to SCUBA dive with the PADI Open water course and have continued to discover the wonders of the underwater world.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course):
- You must be over 10 years of age.
- You need adequate swimming skills.
- You need to be in good physical health.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
- The PADI Open Water course takes 4 days and is run throughout the year.
With our onsite pool, easy access to our local training beach in Simonstown and full in-house facilities including a coffee shop, spacious classroom and warm shower completing your open water course couldn’t be easier.
PADI Digital Materials
Pisces Divers Log book
All required diving equipment for duration of course
5x Theory session
5x Pool Sessions
4x Sea Dives (Shore Based)
1x Extra Sea Dive (Boat Based)
PADI online registration couldn’t be easier.
- MPA Permit
This is a 4 day course.
Our maximum ratio for this course is four students per instructor to achieve personal attention and enjoyment.
We feel the Open Water course requires a full four days for maximum enjoyment and learning. It can be done in three days, but four is preferable.
The days start at 8:30 am and finish between 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Day 1: We will get you set up with your equipment and have a session in our onsite swimming pool where you and your instructor will go through all the first two pool dive skills. After a lunch break, you will head down to the ocean for your first sea dive.
- Day 2: We continue in the pool with more skills and practice, followed by your second ocean dive after a lunch break.
- Day 3: Final skills are taught in the pool and when mastery is achieved, we head down to the beach for sea dive three.
- Day 4: This is the day where it all comes together! We head out for a lovely shore dive to a new dive site, followed by an adventurous boat dive to a slightly deeper site, enabling us to bring you to your certification depth of a maximum of 18 metres.
Private Tuition: If you require or prefer a private course (one-on-one) and according to your availability, please note that this is available on request and at an additional cost.
PADI OPEN WATER DIVER
PADI OPEN WATER DIVER VIDEO
DISCOVERY SCUBA DIVING
A quick and easy introduction into what it takes to explore the underwater world. Although this is not a scuba certification course, you'll learn all the steps it takes to be a PADI certified diver.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
The PADI Advanced Open water course allows you to take your diving adventures deeper while providing you with new skills and knowledge to enhance your abilities as a diver.