OVER 10 YEARS OF AGE
adequate swimming skills
good physical health
No prior SCUBA experience
takes 3 days TO COMPLETE
OVER 10 YEARS OF AGE
GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH
NO PRIOR DIVE EXPERIENCE
TAKES S DAYs TO COMPLETE
Diver certification begins here. PADI Open Water Diver course starts with PADI’s online eLearning theory training OR PADI Ultimate Crewpack. Then we move to the pool to practice your new skills. Finally, you will experience five open water (ocean/lake) training dives.
The PADI Open water course is where it all begins, this is your foundation course that will qualify you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18 meters. Millions of people all around the world have learned to SCUBA dive with the PADI Open water course and have continued to discover the wonders of the underwater world.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course):
- You must be over 10 years of age.
- You need adequate swimming skills.
- You need to be in good physical health.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
- The PADI open water course takes 4 days and is run throughout the year.
With our onsite pool, easy access to our local training beach in Simonstown and full in house facilities including a coffee shop, spacious class room and warm shower completing your open water course couldn’t be easier.
PADI Digital Materials
Pisces Divers Log book
All required equipment for duration of course
5x Theory session
5x Pool Sessions
3x Sea Dives (Shore Based)
2x Sea Dives (Boat Based)
PADI online registration couldn’t be easier.
- MPA Permit
This is a 4 day course. The days start at 8:30 am and finish between 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Day 1: We will get you set up with your equipment and spend the day in our onsite swimming pool where you and your instructor will go through all the required skills needed to become a successful Open water diver.
- Day 2: You and your instructor will head out to our local training beach and complete two open water training dives. It is on these dives that you start showing us what you have mastered in the pool
- Day 3: This is the day that it all comes together where you will head out on one of our two boats to complete your last two dives on some of the amazing dive sites that Cape Town has to offer.
- Day 4: Extra dive.
PADI OPEN WATER DIVER
PADI OPEN WATER DIVER VIDEO
DISCOVERY SCUBA DIVING
A quick and easy introduction into what it takes to explore the underwater world. Although this is not a scuba certification course, you'll learn all the steps it takes to be a PADI certified diver.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
The PADI Advanced Open water course allows you to take your diving adventures deeper while providing you with new skills and knowledge to enhance your abilities as a diver.