- Open water Manual
- Open water DVD
- Log book
- All required equipment for duration of course
- 5x Theory session
- 5x Pool Sessions
- 2x Sea Dives (Shore Based)
- 2x Sea Dives (Boat Based)
- PADI online registration
If you’ve ever wanted to take SCUBA diving lessons and experience unparalleled adventure to see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Scroll down for more details and bookings.
PADI Open Water Diver Course
The PADI Open water course is where it all begins, this is your foundation course that will qualify you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18 meters. Millions of people all around the world have learned to SCUBA dive with the PADI Open water course and have continued to discover the wonders of the underwater world.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course):
- You must be over 10 years of age.
- You need adequate swimming skills.
- You need to be in good physical health.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The PADI open water course takes 3 days and is run throughout the year.
With our onsite pool, easy access to our local training beach in Simonstown and full in house facilities including a coffee shop, spacious class room and warm shower completing your open water course couldn’t be easier.
This is a 4 day course. The days start at 8:30 am and finish between 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Day one: We will get you set up with your equipment and spend the day in our onsite swimming pool where you and your instructor will go through all the required skills needed to become a successful Open water diver.
- Day two: You and your instructor will head out to our local training beach and complete two open water training dives. It is on these dives that you start showing us what you have mastered in the pool
- Day three: This is the day that it all comes together where you will head out on one of our two boats to complete your last two dives on some of the amazing dive sites that Cape Town has to offer.
- Day four: Extra dive