- Location: Simonstown, Cape Town – South Africa
- Best Season: All year round
- Water temp: 10c-18c
- Water Visibility: 5m – 15m
- Qualification: None
See Cape Point from a different angle. Jump into the water with the Cape fur Seals and have a blast with the clowns of the sea. The Cape fur Seal activity is available all year and anybody is welcome to join in on this activity. Scroll down for more details and bookings.
Cape Point & seal snorkeling ocean safari
Cape Point Tour
See Cape Point from a different angle. Get that photo you always see in the National Geographic magazine. Make a pass through Smitswinkel bay and Buffels bay past the Dias crosses and close to the cliffs below the historic lighthouse that leads up to the point.
Visit the Roman Rock Lighthouse – the only lighthouse on our coast to have been erected on a single rock.
We often see penguins, whales and a whole range of seabirds on trips down to the tip of the peninsula.
Jump into the water with the Cape fur Seals and have a blast with the clowns of the sea. On our way back from Cape Point we stop at Partridge Point that is home to a few hundred seals.
They are extremely curious and playful and will entertain divers and snorkelers alike. They mostly hang around the surface when they are in the water but will dive down to 25 metres to Scuba divers.
The Cape fur Seal activity is available all year and anybody is welcome to join in on this activity.
- Meet at Pisces Divers at 09h00
- Collect equipment, sign indemnities
- Briefing for tour
- Head down to Simons Town harbour @10h00
- Board the boat at Simons Town Pier
- Proceed to Cape Point, Partridge Point (seal snorkel or surface viewing) and Roman Rock Lighthouse
- Return to Pisces Divers @14h00 for hot showers, coffee and lunch
- Warm Jacket
- Bathing suit / Swimming costume
- Own dive equipment if preferred
- Dive / Snorkel Equipment
- Marine Protected Area permit for diving in protected waters.
- Light Lunch
- Transport to Pisces Divers (can be arranged)