We did a brief foray to Hout Bay on Wednesday and had 13 degree water and 6-7m viz in Maori Bay and at Duiker Island. At that stage, it was looking good for a few days of Atlantic launches, which we were quite excited about at this time of the year. Then the wind dropped yesterday and a long period swell messed up the Atlantic side, so we moved back to our backyard and had 10m viz yesterday – today is looking similar so we are sticking this side for today and tomorrow’s launches. Conditions should be nice for Saturday, but we are anticipating strong (twenty knot) NW winds on Sunday at midday, along with quite a bit of rain, so we will probably not be heading out unless there is a serious change in the weather! Sites are firm for today and tomorrow and provisional for Sunday…
A large short-tail Ray taken off Buffelsbaai by Wolfgang Polzer
Friday 19th August:
1000: Pyramid Rock (max depth 12m)
1200: Partridge Point (max depth 21m)
Saturday 20th August:
0900: Free guided shore dive with Danie – site to be decided on the morning
0900: SAS PMB wreck (max depth 21m)
1130: Pie Rock Reef (max depth 21m)
1400: Partridge Point (max depth 21m)
Sunday 21st August:
0900: Giant’s Castle (max depth 33m)
1130: PMB Reef (max depth 24m)
Remember we launch mid-week wherever possible, so stay in touch with us on Facebook or just call the shop for planned launches.
Our Madagascar trip details are up on the website. Check out https://www.piscesdivers.co.za/dives/madagascar-diving-trip-2016 for all the details and costs.
There are eight of us confirmed at this stage – there is still time and space for another two divers if you let me know soon!
A composite image of scans of the PMB done recently showing the twisting of the hull and loss of the bridge superstructure.