FREEDIVE WITH WHALES
IN FJORDS IN NORTHERN NORWAY
Tromsø, NORWEGIAN COAST
Max Depths: 2-7 METERS
Water temp: SUB ZERO
Water Visibility: 5m – 15m
Open Water (snorkelling possible)
Tromsø, NORWEGIAN COAST
MAX DEPTH: 2M – 7M
WATER TEMP: SUB ZERO
VISIBILITY: 5M – 15M
Pisces Divers in collaboration with Jacques de Vos / Arctic Freediving offers divers the opportunity to freedive or snorkel with wild orcas and humpback whales in the beautiful fjords of northern Norway.
Each winter millions of tonnes of herring enter the shallower fjords and bays along the north Norwegian coast, providing an abundant food source for everything from seabirds and humpback whales, to the ultimate apex predator – orcas.
Small groups have the unique opportunity to see these animals in their natural environment while living and diving from luxury yachts. The region is also located in the heart of the Northern Lights oval and at the end of a days diving (weather permitting), guests can enjoy the magical Aurora Borealis with one of the most beautiful scenic backdrops in the world.
- Bavaria 51 Catamaran – 3 spaces left Bavaria 51
- Catamaran – 3 spaces left Fountain Paijot Salina 48 (Monohul) – 5 spaces left.
- Arrival and departure airport – Tromsø (Airport code TOS).
- Lufthansa has seasonal direct flights from Germany to Tromsø although most flights connect to Tromsø via Oslo (OSL).
- Please note: Price on request
- 13 Nov – Arrive in Tromsø – transfer to guesthouse, meet other guests (night in guesthouse, northern light watching if weather permits)
- 14 Nov – Orientation day – briefings, presentations, orientation (in-water) (night in guesthouse)
- 15 Nov – Early morning to boat, first day of diving (night on boat)
- 16 Nov – diving (night on boat)
- 17 Nov – diving (night on boat)
- 18 Nov – diving (night on boat)
- 19 Nov – diving, afternoon back to shore (after sunset) at roughly 17:00. To hotel, farewell dinner, night in hotel
- 20 Nov – departures (latest checkout is midday at 12:00)
- Airport Transfers from East London
- Shared accommodation for seven nights on a full-board basis.
- Five days at sea.
- One rest day.
- We supply cylinders and weights and additional equipment rental is extra.
- Single supplementary is available on request.
- Activities on non diving days will be arranged.
- Big 5 Game drive and Elephant interaction at Inkwenkwezi Game Lodge.
- Dive equipment other than cylinders and weight-belts (but can be rented).
- Alcoholic drinks
WHAT TO BRING
- Dive Certification Card
- Towel and drybag for the boat
- Warm waterproof jacket, beanie and sunhat
- Sunblock and personal medications (such as seasickness tablets)
- Cameras (topside and underwater)
- Own dive equipment, other than cylinders and weight-belts
SHARE WITH YOUR BUDDIES:
FREEDIVE WITH WHALES 2019
FREEDIVE WITH ORCAS
I have had the pleasure of diving with Pisces dive school on more than one occasion. My last visit there was not to dive but to take American tourists who... read more
My 14 year old daughter dived with them. They were quick to respond and were always willing to answer any of my concerns. Jan spent most of the morning explaining... read more
Well done to the Pisces dive centre. From the time I booked everything ran like clock work. The team was very organized and welcoming. If you planning on doing your... read more
A belated review - just thinking about the next dive holiday but I keep thinking back to the time in Cape Town at Pisces Divers in August. My son and... read more
Have dived with them on many different occasions. Great Team , always available for advice. Good set up, know the dive area well. Would most always use them when i... read more
It was my first time diving and I was a little bit nervous about it. But the instructors were really kind, trustworthy and sympathic, so I lost my fear very... read more
I had an awesome experience doing my Padi Open Water course at Pisces Divers! Vito, Ross, Mark, and Arno were all such great instructors. Super calm, knowledgable and easy to... read more
Professionnel Team !!! I went on Ocean Safari with my family and from A to Z, you'll be welcome by professionals . the equipments, the boat, the Captain and... read more
I completed my PADI Open Water Diver with Pisces Divers in early August and it was honestly the best experience I have ever had. The team members are all extremely... read more
What a brilliant dive centre this place is. I did my Open Water Course with them and it was very well organised and I was given all the different options.... read more
EXPERIENCE MORE DIVING WITH PISCES DIVERS
Join Pisces Divers for an unforgettable week on South Africa’s Wild Coast and experience the Sardine Run with us in 2019! The 2018 Sardine Run was spectacular and we are already looking forward to another action packed expedition.